Each student will write and draw a comic based upon a character they create.
- Read comics created by other students.
- Discuss comics vocabulary that includes lettering, word bubbles, captions,, panels and the importance of word and picture balance.
- Receive a quick and basic drawing lesson to get started
- Fill out a story map that includes the student’s characters, setting, problem and solution.
- Write the story as a narrative short story first.
- Turn the short story into a comic script, panel by panel.
- Draw and write a 4 or 5 panel comic script.
- Share with a partner, receive their critique or positive feedback. (When we first create comics we may leave important details out, by receiving feedback from a peer, it helps us see the story through a reader’s eyes.)
- Edit any changes.
Copyright © 2017, Vlatka Herzberg, all rights reserved. You may not reproduce materials without permission from Vlatka Herzberg.